Sachi is currently a 19-year-old International Business student at Maastricht University. After being born and spending their childhood years in India, she later moved to Germany and stayed there until leaving for university. Alongside her studies, Sachi works with Girls Gearing Up as a member of their Youth Advisory Board.
Her identity as a whole has largely been shaped by who she is as a person, whether that's her being brown, an immigrant, or a woman. Every single experience she has had in life has consciously and unconsciously been affected by these in positive and negative ways. So that and general coincidence and being in the right place at the right time are the two main factors that affected her growth as a person.
We spoke about
- 01:55 How did you hear about GGU?
- 02:45 What did you expect from the GGU camp?
- 03:30 What is GGU and what did you learn during the camp?
- 06:60 How often did you go to GGU?
- 07:44 How do you define leadership?
- 09:37 What led to your activism?
- 12:54 What helped you being a brown immigrant girl in Germany?
- 14:55 How did you handle overwhelm?
- 20:20 What are your thoughts about the future?
- 21:16 Corona and how it shaped our future
- 22:13 Economy and escapism
- 23:04 Food technologies for the future
- 24:27 Research in cultured meat and advanced medicine
- 25:05 What values are needed in the future?
- 27:14 Helen Eriksen’s vision of the future
- 29:38 How did you choose your path?
- 30:26 Who inspires you?
- 31:45 MY LAST QUESTION
Important Links https://www.girlsgearingup.org/